Losing teeth is no laughing matter because it doesn’t just affect your smile. It can cause your oral health to suffer if your remaining teeth shift out of position, affecting the alignment of your bite, and also your ability to brush and floss thoroughly.
Whether you have lost one or more teeth due to decay, gum disease, or trauma, you have options. In addition to bridges and dentures, you might consider having a dental implant restoration to return your smile back to full form and function, thanks to continued advances in dental technology.
Dental implants basically replace the tooth roots of lost teeth, by providing a sturdy fixed base to attach replacement teeth. With good oral care, your implants can last a lifetime. So, what exactly do dental implants do?
· Fuse with the bone so that they are permanent and comfortable solutions to a damaged tooth.
· Look and feel like your own teeth, making them an attractive solution.
· Allow you to speak clearly, thanks to stable construction preventing them from slipping or sliding.
· Function just like your own teeth, which means chewing isn’t affected, allowing you to chew without discomfort.
· Allow you to smile without fear of them shifting out of position.
· Keep more of your own tooth intact which benefits your oral health.
· A single dental implant lets you clean between the teeth encouraging better oral hygiene.
As you can see, a dental implant can offer multiple benefits if you are struggling with missing teeth. To learn more, we invite you to schedule an oral evaluation with our dentist, Dr. Claire Black, by calling 828-692-3933 at Hendersonville Dentistry in Hendersonville, North Carolina, today!